ABOUT ME

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Rise Up, Let Go & Be Free




As I sit here typing, I have THE FEATHER on my desk.  "Take it with you" the finder of this feather said, "it will help you in your writing".

I accepted it gratefully; her words felt right.

Two weeks prior when this feather first showed up and was presented on the table at our book club meeting, I blurted out, " Not Welcome! "  You see I recognized it as a Blue Heron feather.  A Blue Heron leaving a calling card.

It felt ominous.  One thing for certain; it grabbed my attention.



A bit of background history here.

A Blue Heron had terrorized our fish pond and ate all the large gold fish except one. Thankfully the one large Koi and smaller goldfish survived.   After the initial devastation we fired ourselves up and hectically shielded and armed the pond area. 



We provided as much security for the fish as we could  and at the same time we initiated creative steps toward security that would restore the ambiance of the pool area.





Whether we have done enough to protect the fish was the question.


That led to the dis-ease of periodically looking out the window to see if everything was still safe.

What is going unnoticed is by focusing on triumphing over the Blue Heron, the Blue Heron was triumphing over my sense of well-being.

Lack of noticing seemed to be a common thread in the following sequence.

In a subsequent visit by the Blue Heron, the Blue Heron was focused on catching the fish in the pond and failed to notice a coyote that had walked out of the bush.

The coyote was focused on the Heron and failed to notice we were focused on him.

Because were focused on the coyote we failed to notice the Blue Heron, so we were surprised when the Heron came into view as it lifted off into flight from the pond area.

This, by the way, has been the one and only time we have seen a coyote on the property.  What are the chances we would witness this?

I felt that day we had witnessed a providential co-incidence. (Coyote brings to mind, the trickster, joker, sense of  humor, sly)
I dismissed the nervous niggle nor was I ready or willing to pursue whatever message the coyote brought:

 I gratefully accepted the Divine Intervention just as it was.


After a few days of reprieve, I actually had hoped this Divine Intervention was the last we would see of the Heron, but there right out our window virtually  under our nose was the Blue Heron.  I was amazed at the size of it up close. The Blue Heron was so focused on the bush area where the coyote had come before that it  failed to notice us standing immobile at the window...we were hoping for the opportunity to witness if our protection efforts were effective.

No such luck.  It decided to fly up to the rooftop peak of the shop for a better view.


It studied the situation for a few minutes perhaps noticed us watching him at the window, then decided to fly off.

My hope of it leaving forever was dashed and my edginess increased....thus the reason for my blurted repugnant response to the Blue Heron feather.

Now back to THE FEATHER and the day it was presented.

Someone suggested it might be a Turkey Vulture feather.  I welcomed that thought because it felt safer and not so ominous and its message could belong to someone else  ....someone else who had an amity and keen interest in all birds.  Just so happened that someone was conveniently there so I relaxed.

It was an interesting  and enjoyable meeting with the colour blue making itself very prominent, different types of birds were mentioned, varying levels of rancor from nearby birds were noticed and of course feathers.

As soon as I got home guess what I did.. I looked up feathers.







Yup it was a Blue Heron feather.  (second picture I took for comparison)

It was then I realized the message I saw and heard in my meditation at the meeting was not for someone else but for me. The message was not ominous at all; in fact it was downright caring.

 The feather had evoked this vision message in my meditation.



 "Rise Up, Let Go & Be Free." was the clear message

Finishing with



It was then I realized I had to let go of the worry of the Blue Heron returning.   We have done what we can; it is time to get back to harmony within and with nature.

While I was at the book club meeting my visiting daughter was at a lake.

Here is the surprise she came home with.



It was definitely a feather day.


We have not seen the Blue Heron since he rose up and left from the rooftop peak.  Perhaps it also saw a bigger picture and decided its well being may be at stake.....

then again perhaps in releasing myself I released the Blue Heron as Carl Jung said, "Whatever you resist, persists".



Interesting while writing this I was led to look up Seagull.  I wondered why a Seagull in my meditation.

Seagull totem meaning

Having the seagull totem also means that you have the gift of turning ordinary things to special things. The seagull symbolism demonstrates that there is a higher form of communication available to you. It teaches you to rise above the situation and to seek clarity when everything seems like a blur. Mar 25 2019


On the way to my next bookclub meeting I had to slow the the car for a small coyote to cross the road.  I returned the feather that day ; As I sat at the meeting I heard the call of a Blue Heron behind my back and I smiled...it was so behind me.

Peace and harmony have been restored, in fact, I befriended the feather; as well as a message I also realize it gifted me a story to tell and so it is that I was able to welcome that feather to my table to assist me as I wrote.

Coyote Totem
The coyote totem is strikingly paradoxical and is hard to categorize. It’s a teacher of hidden wisdom with a sense of humor, so the messages of the coyote spirit animal may paradoxically appear in the form of a joke or trickery. Don’t be tricked by the foolish appearances. The spirit of the coyote may remind you to not take things too seriously and bring more balance between wisdom and playfulness.
By Elena Harris, SpiritAnimal.info Editor
https://www.spiritanimal.info/









 






No comments:

Post a Comment