ABOUT ME

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Twinkle Lights

Twinkle lights.....the magic and wonder of twinkle lights. 


The other day as my daughter and grandson were leaving I recognized a moment of fullness in my heart before the onset of sadness - always when my family has left there comes a sorrowful feeling of separation and loss...a slight emptiness as their energy leaves.

Perhaps a trigger from the past of greater partings of ways or perhaps something every mother feels - an innate intelligence within our cells that recognizes our own and derives comfort from the closeness and familiar.

This parting was different.

As always my heart swelled with love as they were gathering to leave and in that fleeting moment of recognition of fullness - Brene Brown's twinkling lights flashed into my mind and I was able to seize that moment, hang onto it  and breathe and expand that warm joy....thus there was no emptiness.


This was also a different catch.  Twinkle lights for me have been based on savoring a moment like my first sip of coffee each morning, an acknowledgement making me feel special like a grandchild greeting me with glee or a satisfactory achievement like getting this post written or tidying up an unorganized area. Viktor Frankl talks of the power to choose our response.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.  In that space is our power to choose our response.  In our response lies our growth and our freedom"  Viktor Frankl 

A tiny success I experienced admittedly but start stringing these small moments together and my day starts to have a  lighted wondrous feel.  And so it is daily I try to clear and hold space - keeping stress, worries and resentment at bay - in that space I drop the twinkle lights of the day in and feel them expand in my heart - this my daily bread.  When I do so I know this day was spent well. 

" When we live our lives to the fullest, we're going to make the little things in life wonderful and good and important"  Louise Hay

Footnote:  Divine Loving Spirit speaks to me in song sometimes....as I completed this post - All Is Well With My Soul flashed into my mind.  I smile and breathe allowing another twinkle light to fill my heart. I hear and I agree.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment